Monday, January 4, 2010

Beauty Tip: Collar Stays

I'm constantly reading about how women dislike jars of lotion or cream since its so unhygienic to stick your finger into the jar to get product out. They get built up under your fingernails when you reach for product and do you really want to wipe that on your face? YUCK! I'm a little bit of a germ-a-phobe myself so imagining what I'm wiping on my clean face scares me. Plus you are left with throwing away your favorite cream with about weeks worth of product left because you can't get it out.

I was cleaning up my apartment one day, when I noticed that my bf's collar stays were everywhere. He doesn't use them and usually throws them away. A collar stay, for all who don't know (its ok I just learned the technical term myself), are those plastic picks that a lot of the times comes free with men's dress shirts. Upon further examination, I realized they look exactly like what beauty stores use for customers to try out samples of product. So an idea was born!

[from http://www.menaccessories.in]


I've been using this with my jar products to get product out and I'm easily able to get the last remains of any product out due to the sharper tip on one end. They are usually made of thicker plastic, so I can reuse and wash easily to keep them hygienic. Best of all, they are free! Look for them around your house or ask a male friend if they have any extras. If you need to, you can always buy them in bulk and so cheap. No more germs and no more wasting product!

1 comment:

  1. this is genius! My husband has this little container FULL of collar stays, I always wondered why he keeps them all, but now I know, for my use ;)

    *cara* @ City Girl Chicago

    ReplyDelete