Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Review: Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

My obsession with skincare started when I got my first facial over 6 years ago. Countless facials later and after a move to the east coast, I quickly realized that regular facials would no longer fit into my budget. Sad I know, but my recommended skincare routine of Dermalogica and Skinceuticals products has done a decent job of keeping my skin clean and clear. Last month was particularly cold here in NYC, and I found myself running low on my much needed hydrating serum (Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel). I quickly went to the website to see where I could pick up a new bottle and I noticed that they had a new product called Retexturing Activator that supposedly HYDRATES and EXFOLIATES! Who knew both could coexist in a single product!?! I HAD to buy it.

[Skinceuticals]

I won't go into the specifics of the science behind it since I'll probably confuse more than educate, but after about a month and a half of using it nightly, my skin feels like a dream. So soft and smooth even my husband noticed, which in and of itself is amazing! I just use a couple drops after I cleanse and tone and follow with a moisturizer. By the morning my skin feels baby soft! I highly recommend both their Hydrating B5 Gel and Retexturing Activator if you're looking for some great serums. Product results can vary by skin type so try and stop by a store/spa where they should be able to give you little samples to try.

And if you're in Seattle, check out SkinLogic. The estheticians are knowledgeable and they truly care about improving your skin. Ask for Kristian - she's the best!




StylishlyCreative says...

If the Skinceuticals product is too expensive, Paula's Choice Exfoliating 2% BHA Lotion is also amazing!

1 comment: